Cryptosteel is the first and remains the best. As for some of the claims made against us by newcomer competitors, we hope we can clarify some things below.
1. The 304-grade steel we use in fact has better heat tolerance than the 316-grade steel in some other products being created using our original blueprints. We use only top-grade, environmentally safe German steel. Engineering knowledge is important. Quality is important. The environment is important. We believe any “savings” in this regard come at too steep a cost.
2. We do not manufacture in China. Working in-house gives us the ability to fine-tune our product in real time. We also get to support the local economy and retain more control over the quality of the build. By working hand in hand with our employees, we come to know them. We’ve found that when we care for our employees, they care for our customers.
3. Our packaging methods have been redesigned to prevent tiles from mixing during shipment. This early problem has been long fixed and does not affect any units currently in stock.
4. Why are we using an antique letterpress machine older than the Titanic to print our packaging? It’s because we love quality craftsmanship. We don’t accept shortcuts or compromises. We use the best materials, paints, paper stock and printing techniques, and we consistently feature bespoke artwork by Japanese-French artist Rafael Akahira on every Cryptosteel package.
5. Why are we using a 200 Tone blank-die press to produce letter tiles? We pay attention to the details. The typeface used to create the letter tiles was chosen deliberately, for both its aesthetic and practical value. No concessions, no shortcuts. We spent months researching an optimal font that would be elegant and legible – next season and in the next century.
6. Our lifetime warranty covers all user claims in perpetuity.
7. We are constantly looking at ways to make worldwide shipping less expensive. For now, it’s what it is. We strive to make it affordable and fair.
8. We are spending our time and resources to build a strong, socially responsible company. We use resources to research better methods of production and keep our pollution footprint to a minimum. This affects the product price, but it also trims our profits. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
9. We consider community involvement part of our mission. We strive to educate our customers and share our knowledge with local producers, manufacturers and workers. Spreading the word on cryptocurrency is part of our company mission.
10. We are listening, learning, researching, observing and aspiring to learn from experience. We are constantly investing our means and our time in further development of the Cryptosteel project.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any feedback, questions or concerns.